WELDING FABRICATOR/ FITTER
Company Location: Ajax, Ontario
Position: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $22.00 – $25.00 P/Hour
J.D. Conveyors, Inc has been serving the aggregate and recycling sectors with quality material handling and classifying equipment since 2002. J.D. Conveyors prides itself with exceptional design thru innovation and also providing robust design with superior quality throughout its equipment offerings.
J.D. Conveyors, Inc has an immediate opening and is seeking a dynamic and energetic “weld fabricator” to join our team. This candidate must be committed, self-motivated and able to perform tasks in accordance with standard industry practices and procedures. The ideal candidate will comprehend basic shop manufacturing drawings with the ability to execute the assembly process in a fast paced environment and will also take pride in quality of workmanship. The main focus of this position is to successfully assemble sub-assemblies for the welding process.
· Strong ability to understand Shop Drawing/ Blueprints and interpret various weld procedures.
· Strong ability to understand and perform the assembly process via written and/or verbal instruction(s).
· Proficient in GMAW processes.
· Must have experience in handling large irregular shaped assemblies in a safe and efficient manner.
· Proficiency in safe and effective Fork-Lift Operations.
· Proficiency in safe and effective Overhead Crane Operations and Safe Rigging.
· Adherence to pre-established Standards of Performance, Shop Safety Policies and Procedures.
· Maintain a safe and clean work area and environment.
· Responsible for identifying area(s) of improvement to increase product quality and to increase productivity.
· Must be willing and able to work scheduled overtime as required.
· Must have minimum 5 years in the fabricating/ manufacturing industries
· CWB Certification or the ability to be GMAW Certified.
· Possess strong Fabrication Skills and may also be able to “weld-out” small assemblies.
· Experience required in the safe operation of small shop tools, ie: angle grinders, die grinders, electric hand drills, hydraulic hole punch, Rotor Broach, etc.
· May also be required to safely and effectively operate Large Radial Drill and Horizontal Band-saw(s).
JD Conveyors takes pride in a “Team First” approach and will only consider candidates with the same values. This is a physically challenging position that requires lifting of and/or positioning components and/or assemblies up to 50 lbs. Occasionally you may be required to also lift or reposition items more than 50 lbs. This position also requires the candidate to constantly kneel, bend, squat, push/pull as well as reach above or below waist levels.
Regular Weekly Schedule:
Monday -Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
· Regular work schedule may change dependent on production commitments and requirements.
· Overtime is paid out as per Provincial Rules and Regulations.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected will be contacted for a formal interview and to also perform a basic weld test.
Reference ID: WELDING FABRICATOR/ FITTER
Job Type: Full-time
- welding / fitting: 5 years (Required)