DISCIPLINE: QUALITY CONTROL
LOCATION: AFUNGI SITE, MOZAMBIQUE
DURATION: CONTRACT (12 MONTHS RENEWABLE)
SALARY: MARKET RELATED
NB: VACANCIES ARE APPLICABLE TO LOCAL SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONALS
“TRS is urgently looking for an experienced Welding QC Coordinator within the Oil and Gas Industry to join our leading international client’s LNG Mozambique project team based at Afungi Site, Mozambique.”
- Coordinate the quality and safety of company’s welding activities.
- Assist with the execution of welding activities, both performed by subcontractors or in direct hiring, verifying that works are correctly carried out in accordance with project documentation and in the planned time frame
- Promote safe works practices and environmental protection, ensuring that safety standards are respected.
- Ensure the fulfilment of the project quality and contractual requirements.
- Assist subcontractors or assigned direct hiring personnel for the correct interpretation of the applicable welding procedures, providing support in the solution of technical problems.
- Supervise the execution of welding activities, checking that machineries/tools are properly used and maintained.
- Prepare and coordinate the detailed programs for the assigned activities.
- Coordinate the interfaces with prefabrication and erection activities.
- Coordinate human and technical resources assigned, indicating any needs or surplus.
- Verify that works are correctly carried out in accordance with the project specifications, highlighting any engineering problems encountered.
- Measure the progress of the works carried out.
- Provide quantitative data for producing weekly progress reports, monitoring the employed manpower.
- Organize working area based on assigned welding activities to improve HSE and overall efficiency.
- If the discipline Supervisor is also involved in the Punch list activities.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Accredited bachelor’s degree / equivalent technical qualification within related field of experience.
- Minimum Ten (10) plus year’s recent proven work related experience within Oil & Gas Industry.
- CSWIP, AWS, HNC, HND, or NVQ certification.
- Advanced knowledge of TIG, MIG, laser, butt, and arc welding techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Steven van Rooyen
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant South African legislation. As per legislation, due consideration is given to previously disadvantaged individuals.