At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
EVRAZ’s Research and Development (R&D) team is seeking a highly qualified Research Engineer with a specialty in welding technology. In this technically challenging position you will participate in all aspects of our steel research program with a particular focus on welding high strength line pipe, structural steel, and railroad rail. This position reports to the Manager of Welding and Mechanical Testing.
- Conduct steel research with a particular focus on projects related to welding high strength line pipe and structural steel
- Direct and coordinate research projects as defined by the EVRAZ R&D program
- Play an active role in planning and conducting mill trials and development activities in support of divisional goals and objectives
- Coordinate and monitor research work undertaken by outside agencies on behalf of EVRAZ including universities, government laboratories and other independent labs
- Work with key customer and industry partners to develop, execute, and communicate joint welding projects
- Represent EVRAZ NA’s interests in relevant standards committees
- Analyze tests results and prepare written reports summarizing findings
- Direct the work of technicians and co-op students conducting laboratory tests and analyses
- Develop test procedures as required to meet goals and objectives of R&D project work
- Ensure laboratory equipment is maintained
- Oversee capital acquisitions related to R&D
- Analyze short-term production and quality issues as required
- Coordinate failure analysis as required
- Participate in H2S rescue training (the R&D facility houses an H2S corrosion testing facility, all team members participate in rescue training)
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Metallurgical, Mechanical, or Welding Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industrial or research experience
- General knowledge of welding technology, with preference given to welding processes utilized by EVRAZ NA
- General knowledge of statistics and design of experiments
- General knowledge of physical metallurgy and mechanical testing practices
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!