This position is responsible for performing QC/QA inspections and activities within the fabrication shop. The inspector is responsible for meeting or exceeding applicable standards, and to complete all documents and procedures with thoroughness and accuracy as per the ethical and business standards set by the company and our clients.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- A minimum of one year of relevant QA/QC experience preferably in the Steel Fabrication environment.
- CWB Welding Inspector (CSA W47.1/W59)
- CWB Welding Supervisor (Qualified to CSA W47.1)
- CWB Welder (asset)
- Working knowledge of CSA W47.1 and CSA W59.
- Understanding of CWB Weld procedures, WPDS, PQRs and welder qualifications.
- Working knowledge of drawings, blueprints, and tolerances
- Working knowledge of measurement tools and dimensional inspection
- Working knowledge of Non-Destructive Examination techniques and reports
- Working knowledge of Turnover Documentation including Material Traceability
- Working knowledge of MS Office (essential), AutoCAD for drafting (asset)
- Structural design experience (asset)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing daily Quality activities within the fabrication shop
- Identifies and leads process improvements
- Assisting in managing the Calibration program in the shop
- Mentor and train employees on various quality procedures and processes.
- Review of Welding requirements, fabrications drawings and client specifications.
- Review tenders and contracts for completeness and accuracy prior to issuing to the shop.
- Review industry symbols and terminology within General Assembly drawings, and Inspection and Test Plans from the design group and sub vendors.
- Ensure appropriate weld procedures are used in various structural, spooling and repair applications including the welding parameter checking.
- Conduct visual weld inspections and assisting in preparation and development of welding procedures
- Carry out dimensional and welding inspection at the shops/sites
- Works closely with Project Managers/Engineers to resolve issues and conflicts
- Co-ordinate Non-Destructive Examinations and interpret the results as required
- Coordinating the 3rd party inspector and liaison between the client and inspector for inspection scheduling and execution
- Compile quality document packages including complex construction data for a diverse range of products and prepare turn over document in a timely manner.
- Ensure welding personnel are qualified and arrange for testing based on job requirements.
- Maintain welder qualification database, and welders’ log
- Carry out receipt, in-process and final QC inspections on incoming materials and components, work in progress and finished products.
- Carry out receiving process based on the needs
- Raise/clear Non-Conformance Reports, Corrective and Preventive actions
- Monitor material traceability and collate all MTRs as part of the QMS regime.
- Assist in Quality audits and ensure processes are being carried out during fabrication.
- Monitor calibration databases and arrange for calibration of equipment.
- All other duties and support activities as required.
1. Must abide by all Company Policies, Procedures, and Health and Safety rules and have a demonstrated and working commitment to housekeeping practices.
2. Responsible for thorough workmanship and high quality. Must meet or exceed the Company standards of quality and production.
3. Maintain good working relationship with others.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kathyrn, AB T0M 1E0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)